Friday, December 5, 2014

[crave or save] Snow Boots

Sorel Joan of Arctic Boots ($168), from J. Crew
vs
Merona Neida Winter Boots ($45), from Target

Ever since my trip to Arrowhead last winter, I've been dreaming about a pair of snow boots to give me an excuse to frolic around in the snow. As someone who is perpetually cold, faux-fur lined snow boots sound like heaven when its chilly outside, and as someone perpetually clumsy, the rubber soles sound like extra protection from potentially slipping and falling on my face. The Sorel version has much more attention to detail-- I especially love the hardware on each of the tabs, as well as the fact that there are tabs at the top of the boots to help you pull them on. While the Joan of Arctic's are gorgeous boots, the Target version doesn't fall far behind, mimicking the contract stitching, tabbed D-rings, and real leather upper and thermal rating.
As much as I love snow, we don't get much of it here in Southern California. I adore the Sorel boots, but I don't make the trek up to Big Bear enough to justify a big purchase. I do, however, love clothing that can keep me warm this time of year, so I know I would get some decent wear out of boots like this for days that I need something sturdier than my very old, very loved, and very floppy UGG boots. This time, I'll be choosing the bargain and hunting down these Merona boots on my next trip to Target!


Shop similar styles (scroll right for more of my favorites!):

...
Do you live in a climate cold enough to justify snow boots? What's your top pick of warm-weather wear for chilly days?

No comments:

Post a Comment