Friday, November 28, 2014

[crave or save] Capes

Trina Turk Wool Blend Cape ($297), from Nordstrom
vs
Double Breasted Camel Cape Coat ($57), from Romwe

Capes are back this winter, and I couldn't be happier! I love this sophisticated vintage silhouette, but so far, I haven't found an actual vintage piece that fits all of my requirements. This Trina Turk cape is made from a luxe bled of lambswool and cashmere. I love the wide collar, simple buttons, and double-stitched seams. The Romwe version is made of polyester, but has more prominent details, like gold buttons, piped edges, pockets, and a faux fur-trimmed hood. While the Trina Turk version is more chic, I have to give the Romwe coat extra points for the pockets and hood.
While I like different things about each of these lovely coats, I think this time I'll have to say neither, and hold out to find the perfect vintage cape instead.

Shop this style (scroll sideways to see more of my favorites!):
How do you feel about this vintage style coming back into fashion? Would you choose one of these capes, or will you be looking for a vintage version, as well? How would you style the perfect cape-worthy outfit? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment