Labor Day is barely over and Christmas decor is already on the shelves. We are flying towards Halloween, pumpkin-spice latte's, and sweater weather-- Do not pass Go. Do not collect two-hundred dollars. It's still warm here in Southern California, but I'm predicting a few cool nights in our near future. As I anxiously await the release of the Alexander Wang x H&M collection and celebrate weekly Crimson Tide wins, I need a few essentials to hold me over until I can pull out the gloves and beanies.
Cause right now, I just wanna do pumpkin-flavored, cinnamon-sprinkled, crunchy-leaf, fall-themed things with my frannnnnds!
1. Chunky Cardigan. Cardigans are perfect for almost-fall weather because you can layer one over an outfit without committing to the full-sweater experience. The chunkier, the better!
(Fairground "Can Can Sweater", Dollskill)
2. Black Tights. Tights and leggings are the best way to get a few more wears out of your summer dresses before it gets too cold. Patterned tights take it up another level, and these garter-printed tights are extra adorable. You can also wear them with longer sweaters and tunics when weather permits.
(Pretty Polly "Suspended Tights", Nordstrom)
3. Pumpkin Candle. Starbucks reintroduced their "Pumpkin Spice" flavored drinks early this year, but save yourself some empty calories by cutting the cravings with a pumpkin scented candle.
("Pumpkin Cupcake" Mason Jar Candle, Bath&Body Works)
4. Dark Lip-stain. Oxblood tones are everything for fall-- Lip-stains are great for lasting wear, and you can add balm over it to keep the winter wind from chapping your kisser.
(YSL, Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain "Fuchsia Cubiste", Sephora)
5. Scarf. This is an obvious one. Wear a scarf around your neck for a little extra warmth, or tie it on your purse handles if it warms up. This gray scarf has a neutral color that could work with lots of outfits, and the pom pom trim is a sweet detail.
(F21 Pom Pom Scarf, Forever 21)
6. Long-sleeved Maxi Dresses. Sleeves make this summer staple work for the cooler months. Wear a basic long-sleeve tee under a simple maxi to get double mileage out of your summer-wear, or pick up a version with the sleeves already attached.
(F21 Baroque Print Maxi Dress, Forever 21)
7. Snow White Nails. I've been obsessed with white nails all summer, and almost considered listing a gray or nude tone as my polish favorite for fall, but white is still trending! This mani will carry you all the way through the matching winter snowfall.
(Butter London "Cotton Buds", Sephora)
8. Gray Riding Boots. Tuck skinny jeans, tights, or over-the-knee socks into some simple boots for a classic fall look that will also keep your toes warm. Choose a gray tone that you can pair with lots of colors or even other neutrals.
(Buckle Knee Riding Boots, MakeMeChic.com)
What do you love most about the autumn months? Is it the return of football or the return of artificial pumpkin flavoring? What are your absolute must-haves for transitioning from summer to fall?
If you want to see a throwback, check out one of my very first blog posts: 5 Reasons I Love Fall!