Saturday, July 12, 2014

Allow Me to Re-Introduce Myself...

So in case it wasn't obvious, Holeh Pocket is my fashion blog. My project. My baby. This page has been through countless name changes, logos, different fonts, and all sorts of posts. In the last couple of years, I've focused more on fashion DIY's, which are my passion, and which also happen to be my most popular posts. 
In the last few months, I've thought about how many "fashion bloggers" there are out there, and how a lot of them, myself included, are just doing the same things over and over and over. Just keeping pace, without ever moving forward, has gotten boring very quickly. Ever since college, I've been trying to come up with a way to merge my passions for not only fashion, but for music as well. But who would be interested enough to read a blog about both? How could I fuse the two without my blog feeling disjointed and unfocused? How could I use my blog to explore my love for fashion and electronic dance music at the same time?
After this year's EDC trip, the universe has been sending me signals non-stop to push forward in the direction I've always dreamed of. So I'm finally ready to announce that from now on, Holeh Pocket is going to incorporate more rave and festival fashion. There will still be tons of DIY's and How-To's, but with a more EDM-related focus. I am still planning to publish my more personal travel posts and those relating to current events in my life, but for the most part, this blog is going to be one big fishnet and daisy covered light show. I ventured the depths of google, and of course there are rave blogs that touch on fashion, but there is no one page (that is current, anyway) dedicated solely to rave, festival, and event fashion. So here you go. This is it.

To kick off this change, here's a clambake of all of my favorite Holeh Pocket rave fashion posts:

 EDC 2012 Recap                                         EDC 2013 Recap

EDC 2014 Recap and Video
How To Survive a Music Festival
DIY Flower Crown
Burner Chic Photo Shoot
Life In Color: Rebirth 2013 Recap 
Wordless Wednesday-- Inspired By: Party Monster
…one of my most popular blog posts EVER:
DIY Spirit Hood
 …and what is probably my favorite rave-related post I've written to date:
The Modest Girl's Guide to Rave Wear
I have big plans for the future of this space. MORE fashion, MORE diy's, MORE event recaps, MORE of my opinions and open discussions on music and the scene. I will also be hosting a giveaway to kick off this new direction and try to find more like-minded individuals that might like this blog. If there is something specific you want to see-- a DIY, a question you need answered, advice, or if you are a company that wants to collaborate with me, even if you just want to say, "HEYYYYY GIRL HEY!", leave me a comment, or click the "Contact" tab and send me an email.
Rave on, fashionistas!

No comments:

Post a Comment